Detoxification, the process by which the body rids itself of toxins accumulated through prolonged addiction, varies from person to person. Withdrawal symptoms may range from moderate to severe, and in rare cases, may be fatal without medical supervision. Clients in this stage are generally both physically and emotionally fragile, and may be suffering from co-occurring disorders, such as Depression or Anxiety Disorder. Our staff is trained to make assessments to determine the best possible course of treatment for each individual.
All detoxifications are facilitated on site. At the end of the detoxification period, clients are given the opportunity to enroll in our residential treatment program.
Please feel free to contact us before arriving at a facility for a list of approved and non approved items.
What to bring:
Approved items to bring to Buffalo Valley:
A. Casual clothing for 1 week (will have opportunity to go to church also), slippers. Rain Coat/Umbrella, seasonal jacket/coat
B. Big Book, N.A. Basic Text, 12 x 12, other A.A./N.A,. Approved literature and Bible.
C. Bath soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, laundry detergent/softener.
D. Bath towels, washcloths, Shower Shoes.
E. Brush, comb, nail clippers.
F.. Shaving cream, razor (can be electric if it has
a UL Approved tag on it)
G. Clippers, hair dryer, curling iron (as long as they have a UL Approved tag on them)
H. Alarm clock (not clock radio), Pillow & Case
I. Money or phone card for pay phones
J. Enough tobacco to last 3 weeks or money to purchase it. [You will be responsible for keeping up with your own tobacco products while in the program. BVI will not reimburse you for any products lost or stolen.]
K. Parole/probation officer’s name, address and phone number. Complete address and phone of any person who needs to know you are here or may visit.
L. Thirty (30) day supply of any approved prescription medication and refills available for clients staying over 30 days.
M. Identification (homeless clients: birth certificate and SS card if no ID) & Insurance Cards
Items to leave at home:
1. Tape/C.D. player, radio, clock radio, headphones, tapes, C.D.s, etc.
2. All outside reading material that is not on approved list.
3. Knives, scissors, etc or any weapon.
4. Personal hygiene items that contain alcohol.
5. No aerosol cans (deodorant, hairspray, etc.)
6. Medications on unapproved list, including Over The Counter medications and/or supplements you have been taking without a written prescription from your doctor.
7. Expensive clothes, jewelry, etc. and/or large sums of money.
8. Technological equipment such as, cell phones, digital cameras, computers/laptops, palm pilots, pagers etc.